The area of sealing in our Company is an extensive field and constitutes a significant part of the functional aspect of the projects being executed.
The main sealing systems that our Companies specializes in are cementitious (based on polymeric cement), bituminous (based on a byproduct of crude oil refining process, otherwise known as “tar”) and polyurethane systems.
The stage of preparation of the area before applying the sealing system is crucial to the success of the selected sealing solution. At this stage, we will adhere to a few basic principles, as follows:
- Complete or partial removal (as required) of the previous sealing system until a stable base is obtained, if concrete rehabilitation is required for the base.
- If sealing is to be done on existing tiles, care must be taken to roughen and dull the shine of the tiles and also to ensure full sealing of the joints between tiles.
- Complete drying of the base to be sealed.
- Cleaning the base from loose particles, dust and other contaminants.
- Application of rollers (rounded / triangular casting) in horizontal (floor) to vertical (wall) fences to allow good sealing and cracking in the corners of the infrastructure.
- Filling holes of (including disintegrations) and treating cracks and joints in the existing base with the purpose of creating a homogeneous base with a smooth, uniform texture prior to the application of the sealing system.
- Creating slopes in the base (1.5%-2%), assuming that the sealing system to be implemented reflects the existing surface and slopes cannot be leveled.
- Treatment and preparation of drains, sleeves and other piping that are expected to pass through the surface to be sealed.
Selecting a sealing system as a suitable long-term sealing solution directly derives from several qualities affecting the preparation of the technical specification.