Flame-retardant flame retardant systems react upon contact with fire by releasing chemicals that slow down the burning process and are embedded in the body of the structure or element in all construction or infrastructure project of recent years.
The components that are most commonly used as the main ingredient in fire protection coatings are aluminum hydroxides and plaster/coating that swells upon exposure to fire, such as SLV or equivalent, which creates a airy insulation layer. , creating an airy insulation layer.
Israeli regulations include specific standards and directives of the Fire and Rescue services. The standard commonly implemented in Israel is IS 755 or IS 931. The time interval for retarding combustion in a protected building and/or element is subject to the Fire and Rescue directives to that building; the limit of the materials available in the market is between 60 minutes and 180 minutes of combustion retardation.
The designated coating thickness is determined in accordance with two parameters: The required combustion retardation and the thickness of the base on which it is applied. In most cases, the elements intended to be coated will be structural, such as beams, columns and support walls made of steel or concrete. The mathematical calculation for determining the coat thickness accounts for the HP/A section coefficient, steel profile type, its thickness and time of combustion retardation, and it can be obtained in tables provided by the material manufacturers or suppliers.
In the project, specifications for combustion retardation systems will be prepared by the combustion consultant with the manufacturer or supplier. It will include, among others, complementary accessories such as inflatable collars (for cable conduits), fire retardant pastes and elastomers and even indoors-specified gypsum boards.
Our company offers a basic procedure for the application of flame retardant coating systems, but it is noted that in view of the complexity of regulation and the various definitions, each project has its own precise specification. Tasks include the following:
- Area preparation, including concrete rehabilitation or treatment of corrosion damage in metals.
- Determining the time interval, the type of material and its thickness (depending on budget)
- Determining the application method: roller, brush or sprayer In some cases, in multiple thickness systems, reinforcement mesh for affixing and placing
- System application with measurement of thickness to maintain the correct values
- Implementing complementary accessories per preliminary design
- Fire barrier in cable conduits in concrete wall to prevent fire spreading from one section to another